Saturday, November 15, 2014

SPINNING PLATES....

Spinning Plates....

All the wasted energy and time to keep all the plates in the air....to look good...to appear productive and talented...

Do you ever get the question, "Are you keeping busy?"  Honestly, I hate that question.  My answer has become..."As busy as I want to be."  That usually gets an odd look from the person making the small talk who really didn't care anyway. I see men ask each other the "busy-ness" question with puffed out chests like strutting roosters, playing the one-up game to see who is the king of busy.  I wonder why we as humans need to prove our worth and value to one another by our datebook?

Recently, my journal notes have been questions such as...how do I want my life to be? What do I want to do with my time?  Who do I want to do my life with? What is important to me and what needs to be discarded?  What memories do I want to be making with my friends and loved ones? 

I want my life to be intentional...designed....done on purpose. 

What about you?  Is your life intentional or driven by other people's choices and decisions?  Or maybe you are a slave to your datebook and busy-ness...
I hope you will take some time to consider your life and how you want to live it.


The Angels rejoice with applause as the dizzy spinning plates 
in slow motion fall ...
  shattering ...irreparable...not to be salvaged.
God nods His head and smiles...
now...finally... He can commune with His weary child...
Breathe life over her...
Restore her mind and emotions deadened and numbed
by fear ....
Now in the stillness she can know that she is 
loved....cherished...valued...
worthy...
loved just as she is...







1 comment: